Friday, March 25, 2011

I’ve no respect for Eagles, says Ethiopian coach

Vanguardngr, Mar 25, 2011
Coach of Ethiopia national team, Iffy Onuora has boasted that his team will show no respect for the Super Eagles when both teams clash in the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier at the Abuja national stadium
Iffy Onuora

Vanguard that he had gathered very promising youngsters from that country’s domestic league who will wear down the Super Eagles during the match.

“I am happy with the calibre of players I brought here for this match. I have confidence in them and believe they are capable of creating an upset come Sunday,” he said.

Although the coach admitted being a patriotic Nigerian, he told this reporter that he remains a professional.

“I will not regret if my team beat the Super Eagles on Sunday. That is what I am paid to do.

 I am a professional. It is just unfortunate that my late mother will not be on the stands to watch my boys beat the Eagles,” Onuora said.

No comments:

Post a Comment