Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Electrician denies molesting and kidnapping woman

(February 21, 2011 , Dubai)--An electrician on Sunday strongly denied a housemaid's accusation that he molested her in his car after he offered to drop her at the Mall of the Emirates.

Prosecutors accused the 23-year-old Pakistani electrician of kidnapping the 28-year-old Ethiopian housemaid and molesting her in his vehicle.

"I am not guilty. I did not kidnap or molest her," contended 23-year-old S.Z. when he defended himself before the Dubai Court of First Instance yesterday.

According to the arraignment sheet, prosecutors said S.Z. deceived 28-year-old H.D., kidnapped her and then molested her. Presiding Judge Al Saeed Mohammad Barghout said the court will assign a lawyer to defend S.Z. when it reconvenes on March 20.

"I was waiting for a taxi at Motor City to take me to Mall of the Emirates. The suspect pulled over and offered to drive me there for Dh20. I agreed and jumped into the passenger seat… ten minutes later I realised that he was taking a different route.

Alternative route

"When I questioned him, he claimed that he was looking for an alternative route. When he molested me, I immediately asked him to drop me off. I asked him for his mobile phone which he handed over to me. I made a missed call to my own phone. Then I asked him to drop me off. When he refused I jumped out of the car as soon as the traffic slowed down," H.D. told prosecutors.

Prosecution records said the defendant drove off while the housemaid jumped into another taxi and headed home. Her employer reported the matter to the police. A first policeman testified that they summoned the suspect for questioning.

"S.Z. denied molesting the housemaid… he alleged that she jumped into his car and rode with him for a few minutes before she jumped out again," the first policeman claimed.
Source: Gulf News

No comments:

Post a Comment